How to Improve Fuel Economy
There are several ways to save on fuel economy, including:
- Maintaining your vehicle: Regular maintenance, such as keeping the tires properly inflated and changing the air filter, can improve fuel economy.
- Driving efficiently: Avoid excessive speeding, rapid acceleration, and braking, as these can lower fuel economy.
- Using cruise control: When driving on the highway, using cruise control can help maintain a consistent speed and improve fuel economy.
- Reducing unnecessary weight: Removing unnecessary items from your vehicle can reduce the weight and improve fuel economy.
- Choosing the right octane: Using the recommended octane for your vehicle can improve fuel economy.
- Plan ahead and combine trips: Plan your route to combine errands and reduce the number of trips you take.
- Try to avoid idling: If you are going to be parked for more than a minute, turn off your engine to save fuel.
- Use overdrive gears: If your vehicle has overdrive gears, use them when possible to improve fuel economy.
- Use eco-friendly driving: Eco-friendly driving techniques, such as using a light foot on the accelerator and braking smoothly, can improve fuel economy.
- Use green energy: Using electric or hybrid vehicles can save on fuel economy and reduce emissions.